Monday, September 20, 2010

Visual Thinking Research


FIND THE NEXT SYMBOL
First thing we did was to try and find a pattern - mainly reflective and mirror imaging. I figured the bold straight line had to do something with the pattern of the reflection. My partner in crime had a similar thought process. We would tried splitting the images in the middle, sideways, and all sorts and finally, we exclaimed in realization. They were numbers reflecting each other. It's hard not to see now but at first it was quite puzzling. I also forgot we had this example in class.




GET EVERYONE HOME
This one was bit tricky. It took a lot of error and trial. The way I tried to solve it was by reasoning. Perhaps if I found the shortest way for each person to get home, I could eliminate some processes. When that didn't quite out, I tried finding ways that wouldn't block any of the houses. I tried looking for patterns, filling in spots, different variations (like moving by one square). Eventually, I figured it was to be complicated and everything would be intertwined and would have to go around about ways, and finally got the answer. My partner in crime went straight for error & trial and just tested many different ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment